Saturday 15 June 2013

Coconut adventures and garden fun

I saved a coconut from the reduced aisle at the coop for 20p mainly because it had a very cute face! I had no idea what to do with it as its not generally on my shopping list. Lets be honest, it's a lot of hard work compared to buying coconut milk or desiccated coconut but the little thing was looking at me so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
Today we visited my parents and had a lovely day around Alsager carnival with lots of siblings and my dad and Amanda.
Williams favourite part was the 'tractor' ride- which wasn't actually a tractor but who cares? It was fun, and pops was joining in which makes everything fun for William x
We went to see nanny Annie afterwards and decided to attempt the coconut. I was really proud, it felt like the ultimate home school experiment with all the family gathered around. We all looked at the face and decided what sort of animal it looked like- I think the consensus was a mouse- although it needs whiskers!
We shook it and listened to the sound of the water. Each of the littlies had a go with the cork screw turning it and listening as the seal was broken and a little air escaped then they watched with interest as the water drip dripped and then poured out. Everyone tried it too- lovely and refreshing! Then we hit it with a hammer and ate the lovely white flesh.
We listened to the horses hoof sound as Becky clip clopped the shell together and talked about what we could do with the shell. I'm a bit sad that I left it behind and hope that Becky turns the face side into a tree imp face! Or a bird feeder, wind chime or fairy house or any of the other brilliant ideas!
The out into the garden- lots of scary growling and howling- mainly from me at Williams insistence!
They had the obligatory wheel barrow ride that has become the staple garden activity at Annie's house- played with the animals and chased each other around.
Fudge the dog was hilarious with his ball today!
Mum has created an impressive veg patch and Niamh sang to us as we all played- she makes up her own songs! They are so amazing too! She's got a musical talent like her mummy x
Buster is too cute, he loved Lucy cat today- she loved him too! Some lovely photos of Niamh and buster playing together and wills legging it around - standard behaviour!




































































2 comments:

Leave a comment