Saturday 26 October 2013

Inspired to be crafty

After making Idris' mountain picture I kinda got the bug to felt some more. 
It's such a lovely free medium to work with- it comes together so easily and feels intuitive, almost as if the wool shape-shifts at the will of my imagination with very little effort consciously. It's  So completely opposite to knitting or sewing which, for me takes a great deal of concentration and effort.
Having a lazy lie in this morning in bed with William watching a movie on the kindle- I whipped up a little sheep using some wool tops- made sense to make a sheep!
I made a little pumpkin too- bit rubbish- but got me thinking about Halloween and maybe something to add to the decorations I've collected over the last years.
So, inspired by some Waldorf dolls on Pinterest, I made a little autumn witch character who I love!!!


Only a couple of puncture wounds inflicted during the course.
Maybe ill make her a little cat tomorrow.
Or a tiny cauldron or broom. Excited!!!
I love Halloween!!!
And look who's come down from the loft to join in- beautiful knitted witch I treated myself to last year- knitted by a clever lady in the knitting shop in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment